[parisc-linux] Timer Interrupt and Scheduler

Ullas Ponnadi uponnadi@cup.hp.com
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 10:54:29 -0800

I would like to expand my observations a little bit more with regards to
the timer
interrupt and the scheduler.

Looking at the linux documentation available and the code for the x86
and
alpha architectures, at the very end of a return from the timer
interrupt,
a call to the scheduler should be made, if necessary. I see this call in
the
ret_from_intr label in entry.S file on the x86 architecture and
ret_from_sys_call
in entry.S on the alpha architecture. The parisc interrupt handler does
not seem to
be doing any such thing. ( Looking at the linux-2_3_29-20000208_tar
archive ).

Could someone help me understand how the scheduler would get called when

a timer interrupt occurs?

Thanks,

Ullas