[parisc-linux] Some questions about the 715/50

Alex deVries adevries@linuxcare.com
Sat, 23 Dec 2000 17:27:47 -0500

Matthew Wilcox wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 23, 2000 at 12:48:16PM -0500, Alex deVries wrote:
> > Scorpio's a 715/old, and has two IO chips in it: WAX and Lasi. Scorpio
> > Jr. (715/33) and Scorpio Sr. (715/75) are identical.
>
> uh, no, it has Wax and Asp.  Lasi was a later chip.  It's very similar to
> Lasi though.

I actually meant to type ASP, but the letters L-A-S-I came out of my
fingers.

> > My questions:
> > a. The docs say that WAX's HIL on a GSC (not GSC+) is at 0xf0201000, but
> > the HIL reported above is clearly in the ASP range.  Is there actually a
> > HIL controller on ASP? More importantly, how are the interrupts routed?
> The HIL controller is definitely on Asp.  The interrupt `just worked'
> when i first stole phil blundell's hil driver he'd written for the hp300.

So that's interesting... the LASI ERS says nothing about there being a
HIL controller, so the HIL controller must have been dropped in the
ASP->Lasi transition.

So here's the keyboard and serial situation on older machines:

Model               IO Chips      Keyboard       Serial
712     Gecko       Lasi          PS/2 on Lasi   1 on Lasi
715/old Scorpio     ASP, Wax      HIL on ASP     2 on ASP
725     Spectra     ASP, Wax      HIL on ASP     2 on ASP
715/new Mirage      Lasi, Wax     HIL on Wax     1 on Lasi, 1 on Wax

I'm not sure how much Wax stuff is actually running for HIL or Serial.

- Alex

--
Alex deVries, Principal Solutions Architect, The Puffins at Linuxcare
613.562.2759 tel