[parisc-linux] trouble booting from palinux-0.5.iso on 712/80

Jens Trzaska j_trzaska@gmx.net
Sat, 23 Dec 2000 17:31:32 +0100

Alex deVries wrote:

> Jens Trzaska wrote:
> > Since yesterday i'm the owner of a HP 712/80 and i've searched along
> > the net to find an OS which is able to run on this box. When i found
> > palinux i downloaded the palinux-0.5.iso. But the booting process
> > doesn't seem to be successful. In the readme it says that i should
> > get a login prompt...but i don't get the prompt. The system stops
> > when saying:
> > "Switching from PDC console"
>
> Am I right in assuming:
> - you're using a graphics head (not a serial console)
> - you're using the built-in graphics, not an add on card?

yep...a quit normal 14" monitor and a keyboard...
but the trick with the serial console works. I'm now working over
the serial with minicom from my notebook(FreeBSD). That's o.k.
It seems to run without any Problems. ethernet is running and so on.
I think palinux is great work. :)

Regards Jens