[parisc-linux] SuckyIO support

Grant Grundler grundler@cup.hp.com
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 13:12:19 -0800

Alan Cox wrote:
> > In our case, it's the IRQ region plus IRQ offset right now.
> > I've proposed another IRQ scheme which would replace the math with
> > a lookup table. But we haven't done anything with it yet since
> > the region+offset is "good enough" for now.
>
> Providing dev->irq is a suitable size putting a pointer into

only for 32-bit ILP. 64-bit LP (hppa) can't do that.
"int" is only 32-bits for both. Good idea though.

HP-UX has used "intr_obj" (iirc, void *) since 10.x and probably before.
The idea of a lookup table (I mentioned it above) would be obsoleted by
dev->irq defined as void *.
Maybe 2.5 kernel could use void * for dev->irq?

grant

Grant Grundler
Unix Systems Enablement Lab
+1.408.447.7253