[parisc-linux] SuckyIO support

Alex deVries adevries@linuxcare.com
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 11:54:37 -0500

Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> The chip is so b0rken that it doesn't put its irq number in the standard
> register -- reads return 0.  So the quirk code I wrote pulls the irq
> number from a different register on the chip -- which i now believe to
> be incorrect.

I don't think that's right either...  register 6B is an IDE interrupt
routing register, not the interrupt itself.

If the iosapic system is supposed to remap the register, I don't think
it is and I don't know where this is supposed to happen.  I hope we can
do all of this using just a PCI quirk.

> i'd like to see this code too.  why not commit it to the tree?  it's not
> like it works at the moment and things would get broken.

I've committed it, and it definitely does not work, but I don't think
it'll break anything either.  This is mostly mkp's code.

- Alex

--
Alex deVries, Principal Solutions Architect, The Puffins at Linuxcare
613.562.2759 tel