[parisc-linux] SuckyIO support

Alex deVries adevries@linuxcare.com
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 01:37:09 -0500

Grant Grundler wrote:
> Alex deVries wrote:
> > I've taken mkp's initial work on superio.c and added some stuff, but in
> > the end am confused by where we actually get the interrupt number from
> > the card.  There's no such register in function 1 (where the interrupts
> > ultimately end up) and both registers on function 0 and 2 return 0,
> > which I don't think is right.
>
> Why are you reading this out of a register? Which register?

I'm reading it out of the INTERRUPT_LINE register because that's how
'normal' PCI devices set their dev->irq value.  If you say that's the
right approach, I believe you.

> IIRC, function 0 and 2 *should* return 0 in INTERRUPT_PIN configuration
> register and thus the INTERRUPT_LINE configuration as well.

Ah, good.

> But since IOSAPIC driver (when invoked by LBA PCI code) munges the
> INTERRUPT_LINE contents and puts the virtualized IRQ number in
> dev->irq for the drivers consumption, superio driver should
> not be reading these configuration registers.

Okay... but I get zero in dev->irq already, so I'm not sure the IOSAPIC
driver is virtualizing them properly.

Grant, I'll email the driver to you, Grant, to have a look at.

Thanks for your help!

- Alex

--
Alex deVries, Principal Solutions Architect, The Puffins at Linuxcare
613.562.2759 tel