[parisc-linux] WAX, Harmony and SuperIO

Grant Grundler grundler@cup.hp.com
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 17:40:55 -0800

Alex deVries wrote:

> Just an update on three device drivers I'm vaguely working on.
>
> I'm actually up for working on other various drivers, and am taking
> requests.  I do have quite a variety of hardware to test on.
>
> 1. Harmony, the sound driver
>
> Definitely some problems here, most are already documented but one
> notable one is that the sound chip on a 715/75 doesn't appear to be
> Harmony at all.  Does anyone by chance know what this is?

I tried to locate info on this and couldn't. Too many stale links.
Perhaps someone with better connections in/to Fort Collins might know.

> 3. SuperIO
>
> I made an unsuccessful attempt to understand how SuperIO (the funky IO
> controller in C3k and J5k) PCI interrupts work.

I'm happy to help make interrupts work w/suckyio - it shouldn't be that hard.
They are definitely routed through an I/O SAPIC.
I'll try to figure out how.

grant

Grant Grundler
Unix Systems Enablement Lab