[parisc-linux] 715/old boot problems...

Alex deVries adevries@linuxcare.com
Tue, 19 Dec 2000 11:04:51 -0500

Richard Hirst has the same problem on his 715/75 as I have on my lovable
715/50. When booting up, it just hangs after "an older box...".

I know that 715/old machines have this, 715/new apparantly don't, and
712 are safe.  Has anyone noticed any other machines hanging at this
point?

The problem seems to be in inventory.c when we're scanning the functions
with pdc_system_map, and it hangs on mod=1 in
really_do_oldhw_inventory(). It's an easy fix, but I want the fix to
only address the machines that are affected.

- Alex

--
Alex deVries, Principal Solutions Architect, The Puffins at Linuxcare
613.562.2759 tel