[parisc-linux] configuration problems with cvs from 20001216 15:40 CET

Karsten Merker karsten@excalibur.cologne.de
Sun, 17 Dec 2000 11:51:05 +0100

Hallo everybody,

I experience a problem with the kernel cvs checkout from dec 16, 15:40
CET. I am trying to build a kernel with support for STICON, but for some
reason CONFIG_FBCON_STI does not get set when doing a "make menuconfig",
although it should get set.

I chose

"Character Devices -> Support for console on virtual terminal"
"Console Drivers -> Frame-buffer support -> Generic STI frame buffer
                                            device support"
"Console Drivers -> STI console"

This results in a .config containing

CONFIG_VT=y
CONFIG_VT_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_FB_STI=y
CONFIG_STI_CONSOLE=y

but CONFIG_FBCON_STI, which is needed to get drivers/video/fbcon-sti.c
compiled and linked, ist not declared, although this should be done by
drivers/video/Config.in which contains the following code:

      if [ "$CONFIG_FB_STI" = "y" ]; then
         define_tristate CONFIG_FBCON_STI y
      fi

$CONFIG_FB_STI is set to "y" as can be seen in .config, nonetheless
CONFIG_FBCON_STI is not declared. I have been looking for the reason for
this behaviour, but have not found a solution. Probably I am missing
something dead simple, does anybody have an idea?

Greetings,
Karsten
--
#include <standard_disclaimer>
Nach Paragraph 28 Abs. 3 Bundesdatenschutzgesetz widerspreche ich der