[parisc-linux] 712/60 booting problem

Robin Theander Robin.Theander@tellabs.com
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 12:01:06 +0100

Well not really a boot problem but a few related questions.
If I do a
boot scsi.6.0 isl
palo displays the "options" menu and asks for some action (number or
'b').
At this point the box is dead - no response from keyboard or serial.
Is this supposed to work on this HW?

Can I control the console output (serial or STI/PDC) with a console=...
parameter in the boot string. This is the CDROM 0.5 stock kernel+palo
installed on a HD.
Can I change the /dev/console device numbers to do the same?
Before I get too far.. Is the STI mode working at all on a 712/60? The
docs and reports are a bit vague on this.

TIA.

Regards,

Robin.

Matthias.Wientapper@de.origin-it.com wrote:
> (ASIC-Designers love their HPs, eh?)

Well, we are doing all the ASIC work on Suns - and I'm edging PC's with
Linux in where I can. My 712/60 is an old decommissioned dns server.
Getting rid of H-PUX makes it a great toy - thanks guys.

--
ASIC Design Engineer
Tellabs Denmark A/S

Direct: +45 4473 2942