[parisc-linux] phase 2 gcc build fails

Matthew Wilcox matthew@wil.cx
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 10:20:32 +0000

On Thu, Dec 14, 2000 at 05:55:54PM +1100, Alan Modra wrote:
> Is it possible to import a vendor branch that contains new files, without
> them magically appearing when checking out the HEAD version?  I've just
> done an import from sourceware, then had to rm all the new files, cvs rm,
> cvs commit.  Which is a pain.  Also, unless people use "checkout -P", they
> get empty directories.

this isn't an answer to your question, but...

cvs rm -f file both rm's it and removes it from the repository (obviously,
you need to cvs ci afterwards).
the cvsrc we distribute in the build-tools repository has -P for cvs up.

unfortunately, cvs doesn't seem to take the `-f' option from the .cvsrc
for the rm command.