[parisc-linux] 712/60 booting problem

Matt Taggart taggart@carmen.fc.hp.com
Tue, 12 Dec 2000 00:22:29 -0700

Marko.T.Niskanen@nokia.com writes...

> Sorry I have no boot log, because linux doesn't start and I have no idea how
> to get it an another way.  after text on console "switching from PDC
> console", I can read from serial port:

If you set your 712 to serial console you can capture it, but I don't know if
I'd recommend doing that since STI will be better long term.

> kmem_create: Forcing size word alignment - nfs_fh VFS: Mounted root (ext2
> filesystem) readonly. !!die_if_kernel: init(1): Illegal instruction 8
>
> and after that starts that "loop"

I get the same loop here but with a newer kernel and libc. Did you update your
kernel or libc at all? I think the 0.5 CD should work fine on a 712/60.

--
Matt Taggart
taggart@fc.hp.com