pa reload problem

Jeffrey A Law law@redhat.com
Fri, 08 Dec 2000 21:05:27 -0700

  In message <20001208173948.B4198@redhat.com>you write:
  > On Fri, Dec 08, 2000 at 08:07:23PM -0500, John David Anglin wrote:
  > > It is my impression that the MEM would pass as a general_operand unless
  > > the volatile flag is set.  It will pass GO_IF_LEGITIMATE_ADDRESS.  Thus,
  > > the general_operand test doesn't look like it will work.
  >
  > Your GO_IF_LEGITIMATE_ADDRESS will accept the UNSPEC?
  > The mind boggles.  Why, then, is this strange beast its own insn?
  >
  > Perhaps that is part of the bug...
Ironic that this is the hack that I ripped out (for basically the same reasons)
when I started working on V3.

Unfortunately, I can't actually test it yet to see what problems removing
that old hack will expose (FWIW, it's not my hack, and it pre-dates movement
of everything to public lists, so there's no discussion of why the change
was made).

jeff