[parisc-linux] FW: hp_boot.log

Grant Grundler grundler@cup.hp.com
Fri, 08 Dec 2000 11:58:15 -0800

Hans/Andreas,
Re C110 crashing

> 3. U2-IOA BC GSC+ Port (7) at 0xf3fbf000,

I suspect the problem is the CCIO driver isn't seeing the U-turn
chip and DMA will HPMC (crash) the system. We should see some output
from ccio-dma.c driver before LASI "barks".

"Witvliet, Hans" wrote:
> Hi Andreas,
>
> I tried three other machines, with following results
> 1) B180c
> 2) B000
> 3) 712
> On the B2000 booting also resulted in stack dump,

B2000 is like a C3000 with fewer slots/slower CPU.
I don't remember of palinux-v0.5 was tested on that - looks like not.
Newer kernel should work - several of us are using C3k/J5k's for
development.

For B180/712: Read the FAQ at www.parisc-linux.org/faq.html

> I wonder, if it has something to do with the problem that i encounterd some
> time ago with the linux port to sun-hardware.
> If the system had to much memory, it was not able to startup.

Not a problem. We ignore memory beyond 512MB right now.

> Cant do much testing now, and next week i am @ HP. (see what happens if i
> try to boot from my cd at the hp-trainings lab...;-))

enjoy!
grant

Grant Grundler
Unix Systems Enablement Lab