pa reload problem

Richard Henderson rth@redhat.com
Sat, 2 Dec 2000 11:43:27 -0800

On Sat, Dec 02, 2000 at 11:35:19PM +1100, Alan Modra wrote:
> 	* flow.c (mark_regs_live_at_end): Set PIC_OFFSET_TABLE_REGNUM even
> 	when PIC_OFFSET_TABLE_REG_CALL_CLOBBERED.

I can't believe this makes a difference.  We already have

#ifdef PIC_OFFSET_TABLE_REGNUM
              /* Before reload, do not allow sets of the pic register
                 to be deleted.  Reload can insert references to
                 constant pool memory anywhere in the function, making
                 the PIC register live where it wasn't before.  */
              if (regno == PIC_OFFSET_TABLE_REGNUM && fixed_regs[regno]
                  && ! reload_completed)
                return 0;
#endif

in insn_dead_p.  Although one could argue keeping the register
live rather than avoiding deaths is a cleaner solution.

r~