[parisc-linux] 64-bit cross compiler broken

Matthew Wilcox matthew@wil.cx
Mon, 28 Aug 2000 07:26:37 -0400

On Fri, Aug 25, 2000 at 05:17:53PM -0600, Paul Bame wrote:
> =
> = The current 64-bit cross compiler dies on drivers/block/rd.c
> =
>
> Another 64-bit gotcha: in arch/parisc64/kernel/entry.S:start_parisc_asm
> the 'b start_parisc' is branching through a stub and failing miserably.
> Linker problem?

Wow, you're getting to start_parisc_asm?!  Neat!  You can take it out
now, just branch directly to start_parisc instead -- i only put it in
so that i knew what was being executed, rather than having to decode
what the C was doing.  That doesn't necessarily mean that there isn't
a problem, but we should be able to get further than that.