Switch to serial console ( was Re: [parisc-linux] disk required? )

Matt Taggart taggart@carmen.fc.hp.com
Wed, 23 Aug 2000 12:10:34 -0600

Andrew Park writes...

> Thanks for the reply.
> I asked that because I wanted to narrow down the possibility of my
> machine's inability to boot from the net.  It gets to a part where it says
>
> 	pdc_cons die !!
>
> then it stops.  On the server, tftp log says "Connection Refused", but
> the funny thing is that the client refused the connection.  I traced
> the code where it printed "connection refused" and verified that the
> server actually sent some data (do not know which file) and tried to
> receive acknowledgement for it and failed to get any.
> Do you have any ideas?

This is the point where the kernel switches over to serial console. The
machine is still running, just attach a serial console or use minicom or
something.

Unfortunately this is quickly becoming a FAQ. I wish we had documented it in
the CD README. It doesn't help that the last message you see is "pdc_cons die".

--
Matt Taggart
taggart@fc.hp.com