Incompatibility of PIC and non-PIC

David Huggins-Daines dhd@linuxcare.com
21 Aug 2000 15:09:58 -0400

David Huggins-Daines <dhd@linuxcare.com> writes:

> Quite well, once I did this:

Oh, that patch was obviously bogus.  Sorry.  The real bogosity is
setting elf.plt.offset to -1 in order to prevent finish_dynamic_symbol
from filling in the PLT entry, which, aside from overwriting (part of)
the first PLT entry with the target for the last import stub, also
causes these stubs themselves to contain references to PLT - 1 (these
immediately cause SIGBUS at the moment, which is probably a good
thing).

This is doubly strange because finish_dynamic_symbol has a check for
h->pic_call in it already :-)

I've hacked around it for my own purposes but I imagine you know best
what to do.

--
dhd@linuxcare.com, http://www.linuxcare.com/
Linuxcare. Support for the revolution.