[parisc-linux] Networking

bame@riverrock.org bame@riverrock.org
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 09:43:34 -0600

= Steffen =?ISO-8859-1?Q?L=F6rch?= wrote:
= > Hello all !!!
= > How can I connect my PA-RISC to the network with the CD-Image Version of
= > the PA-RISC Linux.
=
= Yes and no.
=
= Yes in that nfsroot works.
= One can also ping the parisc-linux host.
= So the kernel/lan driver seems to work fine.
=
= No because networking userspace needs more work or something.
= Read the README on the CD for known bugs.
= Did I hear you volunteer to fix those?
= :^)

The kernel on the CD has no bootp stuff because unless you're
on a network that serves a bootp record the boot hangs -- which
didn't seem a good idea!  But this also means the network comes
up unconfigured.

Use ifconfig and route as you normally would on a Linux box to
configure the network.

	-P