[parisc-linux] test6 merge

Richard Hirst rhirst@linuxcare.com
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 18:22:45 +0100

My Zalon/53c720 problem is caused by changes in the way drivers/scsi
is built.  It used to build scsi.a, it now builds scsidrv.o.
If I include only one of sym53c8xx.c (for 53c875 on PCI), or ncr53c8xx.c
(for 53c720) all is well - if I include both things break.

Those two files have a number of function names in common; they are
declared static, so it shouldn't matter.  ncr_chip_reset() is one
example.  In practice, the code in ncr53c8xx.c tries to call its local
ncr_chip_reset(), but ends up in the ncr_chip_reset() function in
sym53c8xx.c.

It appeared to work fine with 2.3.99pre8, and I havn't changed my
cross compiler.

Richard