[parisc-linux] test6 merge

Matthew Wilcox matthew@wil.cx
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 16:05:10 -0400

i've not seen any cripplingly bad problems reported to the kernel mailing
list about -test6 (slightly fewer than the normal number of snafus,
i think).  So I intend to go ahead with the merge on Thursday.

Here's the list of files which both we and Linus have changed.

CREDITS
Makefile
drivers/Makefile
drivers/char/Config.in
drivers/char/Makefile
drivers/char/console.c
drivers/char/serial.c
drivers/net/Config.in
drivers/net/Makefile
drivers/net/Space.c
drivers/net/eepro100.c
drivers/net/tulip/eeprom.c
drivers/net/tulip/tulip_core.c
drivers/pci/pci.c
drivers/pci/pci.ids
drivers/scsi/53c7xx.c
drivers/scsi/Makefile
drivers/scsi/hosts.c
drivers/scsi/ncr53c8xx.c
drivers/scsi/sym53c8xx.c
drivers/scsi/sym53c8xx_comm.h
drivers/scsi/sym53c8xx_defs.h
drivers/sound/Config.in
drivers/sound/Makefile
drivers/video/Makefile
drivers/video/dummycon.c
fs/Makefile
fs/binfmt_elf.c
fs/exec.c
fs/nfs/read.c
fs/ufs/super.c
include/linux/binfmts.h
include/linux/fs.h
include/linux/init.h
include/linux/pci_ids.h
include/linux/tty.h
include/linux/ufs_fs.h
include/linux/wait.h
init/main.c
kernel/exit.c
kernel/fork.c
kernel/printk.c
lib/string.c
mm/vmalloc.c

some of these are easier than others.  In particular, some of Linus'
changes are supersets of our changes.  Volunteers for segments of
the tree?  Richard Hirst has already volunteered for drivers/net and
drivers/scsi.  It doesn't look to me like there's a lot to do, so we
should be able to churn through it reasonably quickly.  I'm going to
provisionally set a start time of 9am EDT on Thursday 17th August for
laying down the tag (that's 1pm GMT, please remember we're in summer
time :-)

There are going to be some API changes to deal with, in particular be
wary of locking changes.