[parisc-linux] HP 9000/735 systems....

Matthew Wilcox matthew@wil.cx
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 09:59:08 -0400

On Mon, Aug 14, 2000 at 02:41:59PM +0530, AJIT D BOBRA wrote:
> 	We have three Hp 9000/735 machines running HP-UX 9.01. We are now
> interested in loading LINUX on them and scrap HP-UX. What are the
> chances that we can do that ?

depends what you want to do really.  you stand a significantly better
chance of being able to do that if all you want is to watch the machine
crash :-)

we have no intention of providing an X server (anyone want to start
working on that...?), but you should be able to try the alpha release
for the 712 on a 735 and gasp in amazement as you manage to execute
simple shell commands.