[parisc-linux] merge with 2.4.0-testN?

Andrew Shugg andrew@neep.com.au
Sat, 12 Aug 2000 04:32:56 +0800

Matthew Wilcox said:
> > Will the port name change from parisc to hppa at this time too?
> >
> > ie... Will the following directories change?
> >
> > Documentation/parisc
> > arch/parisc
> > arch/parisc64
> > include/asm-parisc
> > include/asm-parisc64
>
> I don't plan to.  Does anyone really really want this to change?

While I don't think renaming anything with 'parisc' in its name will
help anything, I do think that to avoid confusion some symbolic links
should be created.  eg hppa/ -> parisc/

Just to avoid any confusion ... presumably the README.hppa would explain
what is going on.

Andrew.

--
Andrew Shugg <andrew@neep.com.au>                http://www.neep.com.au/

  "Just remember Basil, there's always someone worse off than yourself."
  "Oh, really?  I'd like to meet him ... I could do with a good laugh."
                 [ Sybil and Basil Fawlty, "Fawlty Towers" ]