[parisc-linux] New toolchain, userspace apps, nfsroots, ramdisk, and lifimage

Matt Taggart taggart@carmen.fc.hp.com
Thu, 03 Aug 2000 19:01:15 -0600

Hi palinux'ers,

In building the PA/Linux Developer's Release CD for Linux World Expo, Paul
Bame and I have packaged up some new bits.

New x86linux -> palinux cross toolchain,
ftp://puffin.external.hp.com/pub/parisc/binaries/LinuxX86/xc-20000802.tgz

Apps built using the new toolchain in,
ftp://puffin.external.hp.com/pub/parisc/binaries/userspace/

A small nfsroot containing some basic commands to play with,
ftp://puffin.external.hp.com/pub/parisc/binaries/nfsroot/
	nfsroot-small-20000803.tgz

A big nfsroot containing everything we've built so far. This is what the
root filesystem will be on this release of the PA/Linux Developer's CD(or
close to it)
ftp://puffin.external.hp.com/pub/parisc/binaries/nfsroot/
	nfsroot-20000803.tgz

A small ramdisk containing a limited set the newly compiled apps,
ftp://puffin.external.hp.com/pub/parisc/binaries/ramdisks/ramdisk.bin-20000803

A lifimage using the current CVS kernel bits and the above ramdisk,
ftp://puffin.external.hp.com/pub/parisc/binaries/kernels/Image-20000803

You can also use the above lifimage to boot from other sources(like an
nfsroot) by,

- Interrupt the boot
- boot from your bootp server adding the "ipl" option
- edit the boot command line (example: nfsroot=192.168.1.10:/tftpboot/nfsroot)

We will be posting the final snapshot of this version(0.1) of the PA/Linux
Developer's Release CD sometime tommorrow.

Feedback would be greatly apprecicated.

Thanks,

--
Matt Taggart