[parisc-linux] How to attach a console to a HP9000 E45 server?

Zele Gabor zegab@freemail.hu
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 18:12:15 -0700

Hi!

   We need assistance because we have the following server - a used
   one, but it is without any kind of documentation:

   a HP 9000 E45 server
   MDP MUX - what the hell it is exactly???
   a HP 700/96 terminal with serial and paralell port
   and a SCSI storage box...

   We think there is an operating system on the server, because it
   seems to boot, but we cannot connect the terminal properly, so we
   don't see anything. (Only a menu of the terminal in German language
   :(((( )

   How can we connect the terminal to the server or can we replace
   this terminal with a terminal emulator on PC?

   What does the bootp mean? We think it means that we can boot Linux over
   network with bootp/tftp?

   Thanx

        Gabor Zele