[parisc-linux] building a glibc-based tool chain

David Huggins-Daines dhd@linuxcare.com
14 Apr 2000 17:48:22 -0400

Paul Bame <bame@endor.fc.hp.com> writes:

> Ok, using my prior instructions you'll get a 'glibc' containing
> x86 object files!  crt1.o is one of those, and is probably why the
> linker segfaults.

Yup, it wouldn't surprise me, since the Alpha linker also does this
when you try to link i386 object files with it.  Go binutils go!

(BTW: if you're using the aboot ISO9660 code for PALO, be forewarned
that there are some bad bugs in it that I've recently fixed - 0.7pre3
has the updates)

--
David Huggins-Daines, Senior Linux Consultant, Linuxcare, Inc.
613.562.1239 desk, 613.223.0225 mobile