[parisc-linux] Kernel build with CONFIG_IODC_CONSOLE fails

Ulrich Strelow ulrich_strelow@yahoo.com
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 23:48:19 -0700 (PDT)

--- Ulrich Strelow <ulrich_strelow@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> after Gyula's fix I was able to to compile the
> kernel
> with CONFIG_IODC_CONSOLE. However booting this
> kernel
> results in the (in)famous message "Kernel panic:
> Attempted to kill init!".
>
> In the beginning of the boot log there is a
> "iodc_con_init" message, but the message "Console:
> switching to IODC console" is missing.

After looking at the source code of iodccon.c (I
should have done this before !) I have to rewrite my
question:

Is there any reason why the call of take_over_console
in iodc_con_init is commented out ?

Ulrich