[parisc-linux] Astro and 100BT still not working

Bob Pflederer krp@rsn.hp.com
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 10:14:49 -0500

On Tue, Apr 11, 2000 at 11:08:16PM -0700, Grant Grundler wrote:

>     For I/O PDIR fetches themselves, IKE assumes that the I/O PDIR is
>     equivalently mapped. I.e., it assumes that the physical address =
>     virtual address and so it supplies bits 19:12 of the physical address
>     as the virtual index. To ensure coherency of I/O PDIR fetches, the
>     I/O PDIR must be equivalently mapped.
>

> The second paragraph worries me. It suggests parisc-linux has to flush
> the cachelines which contain I/O Pdir data every time such data is
> changed since it's not equivalently mapped.  Since only bits 31:28
> are different for kernel space (0xc....), does this still apply?

No.  Only bits 19:12 of the virtual address need to match bits 19:12 of the
physical address.  You may need to use space=0 for your virtual address
because of the CPU's space hashing feature.