[parisc-linux] building a glibc-based tool chain

Paul Bame bame@endor.fc.hp.com
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 09:50:55 -0600

= > So, crtbegin/crtend are related to constructors and destructors for C++.  I

I've been editing them out of the spec file by hand, but I suspect that
configure --disable-shared and setting the gcc configure languages list
to dis-include C++ might work too.  (If the lang list only had C in it,
the build might be faster too)

Another thing which is handy is to 'cd gcc; ln -s ../binutils .'
After this, the configure/make/make-install inside the gcc directory
properly handles binutils, so you don't have to do it separately and
it solves some of the installation problems I had before.

The linker problem is always where I end up stuck.  I tried mangling
the vmlinux.lds to link my hello world and that didn't work either,
but I'm NO linker expert.  FYI I added an assert() (it's in CVS) which
catches the linker segfault (binutils/bfd/elf32something) if anyone
wants to become a linker expert and figure it out :-)

	-P