[parisc-linux] page colouring....

Sam Creasey sammy@sammy.net
Sun, 9 Apr 2000 23:42:33 -0400 (EDT)

Ok, so, the bit about applying a given "colour" to a page due to it's
virtual page has been confusing me for quite some time now...

However, earlier today, __get_coloured_pages() was misbehaving
(e.g. destroying the zone allocations badly enough that no more
alloc_pages() calls would fly, and death ensued.), so I turned it off.

Simply using alloc_page() and removing all colour checks seems to have
helped matters considerably (speed and stability).

Anyone with better knowledge of why it's here want to enlighten me?

-- Sam

# uname -a
Linux 10.0.0.5 2.3.99-pre1 #41 Sun Apr 9 21:07:39 EDT 2000 parisc unknown
#