[parisc-linux] Nextstep artist driver/artist stuff.

Steve Shack sshack@cln.etc.bc.ca
Mon, 03 Apr 2000 17:58:12 -0700

Hello everyone,
    I've recently gone on a small mission and installed NEXTSTEP on my
712. The mission was to A) have a nice usable OS on this system since
hp-ux leaves a lot to be desired and B) Hack at the artist driver. From
what i've learned so far in my all of one day with it is that the driver
for linux and the driver for nextstep are very similar.
So much so that they both have setup routines called in the same sort of
context. Both have supported mode lists in the same way and both operate
as framebuffers. This is a good thing.

    My question is to anyone reading the mailing list: Does anyone have
any information on nextsteps fb, fb artist driver or the artist board at
all. I've gathered some information but I can always use more. prumpf
has gotten a driver working in 1bpp. But i'd like to get more working...

Thanks
Steve Shack