[parisc-linux] Testers needed for hardware detection code...

Grant Grundler grundler@cup.hp.com
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 07:22:16 -0700

Alex deVries wrote:

> Yesterday I committed some hardware detection code that actually worked
> on my A180.  I spent today refining it to work on my 715, which works,
> but I need others to test it on different hardware.

Kudos!

> I'd appreciate it if you could just mail me
> (adevries@thepuffingroup.com) the results of an entire bootup.  If you
> could put the machine name in the subject, it'd help.

Alex meant "model" (eg 9000/715/E) output or "Model" info which
is typically printed next to the serial number on the back of the box.

He really doesn't care if your hostname is "frodo". :^)

cheers,
grant

Grant Grundler
Communications Infrastructure Computer Operations
+1.408.447.7253