[parisc-linux] Will it run Linux??

Matthew Wilcox Matthew.Wilcox@genedata.com
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 15:26:58 +0200

On Wed, Sep 22, 1999 at 12:50:49PM -0500, John Delisle wrote:
> I run many linux servers from my company and at home.  We have an HP 9000
> 800/H50 and an 800/G40.  Can I run linux on it?  If so, is there a
> FAQ/howto or something? Where do I get it?

Linux/PARISC isn't in a usable state yet.  There is more chance of it
eventually running on the H50 than the G40, but both are likely to be
low-priority projects (unless someone wants to sponsor them :-)

> I'd really rather run linux than hpux.

What do you think is motivating the port?  :-)

--
Matthew Wilcox <willy@bofh.ai>
"Windows and MacOS are products, contrived by engineers in the service of