[parisc-linux] compiling on a 735?

Grant Grundler grundler@cup.hp.com
Mon, 27 Sep 1999 12:55:11 -0700

Simen Thoresen wrote:
> 2. Is my 735 a 712 or 715? Does it matter at this stage?

More like a 715 but not. 735 has several GSC "EISA" slots vs.
715's goofy one.

> 3. Is my 735 a A class or D class? Does it matter?

Neither. 735 predates the A/D-class nomenclature just like 715/712 do too.

> 4. The HCL notes that the 735 has a 7100, so that part is ok.

yes - should at least work like a 715 for the most part...some of the
other chips might not be the same though. I don't know and wouldn't
count on it.

> 5. Gecko or Dino? I don't have one pci-slots, so I guess it's no Dino, right?

Right. No dino - could install card-mode dino if/when that starts to work.

cheers,
grant

Grant Grundler
Communications Infrastructure Computer Operations
+1.408.447.7253