[Fwd: [parisc-linux] 715/80 problems]

phi@tcleur.france.hp.com phi@tcleur.france.hp.com
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 19:02:11 +0200

--------------88E1F5BF9AAFEB57A313104C

Sorry I sent this reply to Philipp while I meant to send it to the list.

Inthe mean time I saw Alex mail, so its sounds more like a regression
than a new desgin orientation.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
Phi

--
mailto:Philippe_Benard@hp.com
Technical Consulting Lab
--------------88E1F5BF9AAFEB57A313104C

Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 18:58:39 +0200
From: phi@tcleur.france.hp.com
To: Philipp Rumpf <prumpf@suse.de>
Subject: Re: [parisc-linux] 715/80 problems

Philipp Rumpf wrote:

> > With 715/80 I get following:
> > Boot
> > :disk(....)/stand/vmlinux
>
> you might want to try to boot via tftp / bootp as this is what most of us do
> and it seems to work for us.

I'm single node oriented for now, I use to setup my disc so I could have
all in 1, i.e a LIF area, an HFS with the development system on it, an
EXT2 area (for the future), a swap area for linux, I don't plan to boo
HP-UX on this one.

With the regression that occured after 14 september  1999, or so (20
septembre is wrong, 14 setp is good), I can't use it anymore.

I'm think about a newfs to regain the full HFS capacity unless one of
you can tell me this will be put back as it was before. For now I assume
the vmlinux is not supposed to boot from isl> hpux right?

Phi