[parisc-linux] exec_kernel help

Philipp Rumpf prumpf@suse.de
Sat, 18 Sep 1999 10:29:23 +0200

> I've been struggling with this for the last couple of days, and I'm
> stuck.  I can build a bootable image, but I can not get it to transfer
> control to the kernel.  (I'm working on a C200+ which is a PA-8200
> (PA-RISC 2.0) as Grant pointed out earlier).  I know the first targeted
> build is for the PA 1.1, but I am willing and would like to get the
> kernel working on the 2.0 also.

It would be really nice to support PA2.0 in narrow mode.

> Here is the output on the console (I'm typing this in by hand)

Try to get a serial console set up.

> Transfering control to kernel. (At entry point 0x00010000)
>
> It hangs there and I have to reboot to continue.

Can you access PIM and see if it got an HPMC ?

> Any help/pointers would be appreciated :)

okay, both head.S and our console (which is still called pdc_* though it
really is IODC) rely on pa1.1 firmware.  I am not sure this works on PA2.0
systems.

	Philipp Rumpf