[parisc-linux] cvs [server aborted]: "commit" requires write access...

Grant Grundler grundler@cup.hp.com
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 14:00:17 -0700

Alex/et al,
I'm trying to submit the changes to build "som" format binaries
and I'm getting the error:

cvs [server aborted]: "commit" requires write access to the repository
cvs commit: saving log message in /tmp/cvsBAAa18719

Is the entire /home/cvs/parisc repository locked right now?
I checked rw permissions on the files and I have them.

I recall Alex sent a message about merging to 2.2.12. I don't
remember (but may have missed) mention that the repository
would be locked down and binutils was part of that.

I'm interested in committing:
CVS: Modified Files:
CVS:    binutils/gas/configure binutils/bfd/config.bfd
CVS:    binutils/ld/Makefile.in
Problem: tools use som support for as long as HP-UX linker is required.
Solution:
o gas/configure: for "hppa-*-linux" in "case ${generic_target}",
                 replace "fmt=elf" with "fmt=som"
o bfd/config.bfd: move parisc-linux target to "targ_defvec=som_vec" case
o ld/Makefile.in: disable "install" target for ld. Print msg instead.

thanks,
grant

Grant Grundler
Communications Infrastructure Computer Operations
+1.408.447.7253