[parisc-linux] 715/100 bootpd fails

Grant Grundler grundler@cup.hp.com
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 15:26:29 -0700

Philipp Rumpf wrote:

> My guess is your bootpd / tftpd does not work properly.  Just as it might
> help, here is my configuration:

Yup - that was right.

I got a call from another parisc-linux "lurker" and the
configuration for HP-UX is

/etc/inetd.conf:
tftp        dgram  udp wait   root /usr/lbin/tftpd    tftpd \
                /linux/linux/arch/parisc/boot \
                /home/tftpd
bootps      dgram  udp wait   root /usr/lbin/bootpd   bootpd -d3

[ the -d3 could be omitted ]

and /etc/bootptab:
lego02b:\
        hn:\
        sm=255.255.248.0:\
        vm=rfc1048:\
        ht=ether:\
        ha=0800095F7A88:\
        ip=15.16.122.147
        bf=/linux/linux/arch/parisc/boot/Image

We didn't specify "gw=xxx" since my host and target are on
the same subnet. Hope this helps others as well...

thanks again philip,
grant

Grant Grundler
Communications Infrastructure Computer Operations
+1.408.447.7253