[parisc-linux] boot problems on 715/33 with ramdisk.bin

Ulrich Strelow ulrich_strelow@yahoo.com
Wed, 15 Sep 1999 02:48:54 -0700 (PDT)

I have downloaded the kernel tree dated 19990813 from
ftp://puffin.external.hp.com/pub/parisc and added
ramdisk.bin to my top directory /usr/src/linux. After
a successful "make vmlinux" and "make Image" I tried
to boot the new kernel on my 715/33. The last boot
messages are:

Linux version 2.2.1 (root@be5359) (gcc version 2.8.1)
 Mon Sep 13 17:51:40 METDST 1999
initrd: c0075000-c00cc800
urgh.

The bootloader starts with the messages:
No ramdisks available.

What have I done wrong with the ramdisk support?

Also:
Booting via hpux does not seem to work anymore. I have
been on holidays the last 4 weeks, so I can't say when
this feature has disappeared. I also don't know, if
booting via hpux is still supported.

Ulrich