[parisc-linux] So you wanna get to a prompt, eh?

Magne =?iso-8859-1?Q?=D8stlyngen?= magne@spacetec.no
Thu, 21 Oct 1999 12:25:15 +0200

> I've spent most of the afternoon working on the patches sent in by Thomas
> Bogendoerfer, and have extended them to get the kernel working and to a
> functional sash prompt.

> And for those you out there who are interested in helping us test the
> kernel, I've also posted a functional kernel image, for you try. You can
> find it at:

> And not wanted to leave much as an excercise for the reader, I've also
> posted the ramdisk that I used, which has been extended to include
> /dev/console, etc.

Is the ramdisk included in the kernel-image? When I boot the kernel,
I get 'no ramdisk'.

Of course, I don't get further than 'Transferring control to kernel'..
:(
I thought I had a 715, but no, it was a 710 (Bushmaster), and that seems
to make a big difference.

Is anyone working on support for the 700?  I could do some work there,
if it was possible to compile the kernel on linux.  Is anything being
done on that? (What was the problem?)

The Image-990705 kernel worked. What changed from that to Image-990929?

--
Magne Østlyngen <magne@spacetec.no>
                <magne@skybert.org>