[parisc-linux] different PA2.0 CPUs in the same box?

Grant Grundler grundler@cup.hp.com
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 11:57:08 -0700

Kirk Bresniker wrote:
> Grant Grundler wrote:
> | The processors can run from a "system clock" and they all run synchronous.
> | No chance of "clock drift" since they run at exactly the same pace.
> | But on systems like 870, T-class and N-class, the processors are fed clock
> | signals from (similar but) different sources.  Each frequency domain will
> | slowly drift from the "average" and thus the processor clocks need to be
> | resyncronized regularly.
> |

> Eh? I can't speak to the T-Class, but N-Class processors (as well as
> A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K, and L) all run from a single clock source.

Kirk is right. T and V also run from a single clock source.
So no problem. I was confusing the discussions with what actually
got implemented.

my apologies,
grant

Grant Grundler
Communications Infrastructure Computer Operations
+1.408.447.7253