[parisc-linux] What's in a 715?

Ulrich Strelow ulrich_strelow@yahoo.com
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 00:35:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Alex,

I asked nearly the same question some months ago,
because I needed to understand which CONFIG options
should be set for my 715/33.

Bill Katz from HP answered:

The 715/33 does NOT have either LASI or DINO. It uses
an older I/O chip known as ASP. ASP connects the
processor bus to several external chips, including the
NCR 53c710, Intel LAN and WD 16C552 (? I'm doing this
from memory) 2-serial/parallel chip. It uses the
PA7100 CPU which does not have GSC.

And Mike Hibler answered:

We never had a 715/33 so I don't know anything about
them. But someone else said they had the ASP which is
the "original snakes" IO subsystem
(705/710/720/730/750). The ASP is quite similar to the
LASI, and there is plenty of code in the Mach sources.

Hit your HP sources up for:
Corba/Coral I/O Subsystem External Reference
Specification

Don't have a part or drawing number unfortunately. We
have version 1.43 from November 1990. Looks like it
came out of Cupertino.

Hope that helps.
Ulrich