[parisc-linux] LASI and serial port initialization

Grant Grundler grundler@cup.hp.com
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 11:36:50 -0700

Mike Hibler wrote:
> Personally I don't see spending a lot of time worrying about this.  Our
> simple console interface with pre-init buffering has been perfectly adequate
> for us.

I agree the pre-init buffering is perfectly acceptable. No problem.

> But our PA world is pretty simple, older 700 series machines and
> one J-series.  So the console is either the builtin serial port or the
> graphics device.  Are there that many more options now?

No. But I expect at least two more options by next year.
But even with just two options I think my reasons are valid.

grant

ps. I'm still doing homework to reply to Kirk's response about clock drift.
Short answer is I belive him about N-class and thus don't care if this is
just a T- or possibly V-class problem.

Grant Grundler
Unix Developement Lab
+1.408.447.7253