[parisc-linux] LASI and serial port initialization

Alan Cox alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Tue, 19 Oct 1999 17:58:07 +0100 (BST)

> 2) Use IODC until the console device is "owned" by the appropriate driver
>    and can start taking input/output.

That is basically the sparc approach. It also works well for bootstrapping
new hardware - nothing claims the console so you can see what happens until
you fix it

> Either 2 or 3 requires some software layer behind printk to change
> behavior at some point. I don't know where that point is or how

Not really. We have register_console() and unregister_console() already
in existance.

Alan