[parisc-linux] unresolved symbol pci_proc_init

Grant Grundler grundler@cup.hp.com
Mon, 11 Oct 1999 10:08:50 -0700

Ulrich Strelow wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> compiling the current CVS kernel for a non-PCI machine
> like my 715/33 leads to an unresolved symbol message
> for pci_proc_init.
>
> In init/main.c is the following code:
>
> #ifdef CONFIG_GECKO
>         gsc_init();
>         /*
>         ** pci_init() is NOT multi-PCI bus friendly.
>         */
> #ifdef CONFIG_PROC_FS
>         pci_proc_init();
> #endif
> #else
> #ifdef CONFIG_PCI
>         pci_init();
> #endif
> #endif
>
> So pci_proc_init is included even if CONFIG_PCI is not
> set.

Ulrich,
Apologies - that's my fault. I wasn't very clean when changing the ifdefs
to invoke gsc_init(). The ifdef should read:

	#if defined(CONFIG_PCI) && defined(CONFIG_PROC_FS)

If no one else objects, go ahead and submit that - after you try it. :^)

On the same note, the ifdefs in gsc_init() probably need to
use "defined(CONFIG_PCI)" around the "dino_init()" call...

sorry,
grant