[parisc-linux] ethernet driver...

Alex deVries adevries@thepuffingroup.com
Mon, 04 Oct 1999 02:24:08 -0400

I've cleaned up dino.c sufficiently that tulips are detected, although
somewhat broken still:

  The PCI BIOS has not enabled this device!  Updating PCI command
1011->1015.
tulip.c:v0.89H 5/23/98
becker@cesdis.gsfc.nasa.gov
eth0: Digital DS21140 Tulip at 0x82223800, EEPROM not present, 00 4c 69
6e 75 7.
eth0: Old style EEPROM -- no media selection
information.
  PCI latency timer (CFLT) is unreasonably low at 0.  Setting to 64
clocks.
  The PCI BIOS has not enabled this device!  Updating PCI command
1011->1015.
eth1: Digital DS21142/3 Tulip at 0xff00, EEPROM not present, 00 4c 69 6e
75 7a,.
eth1: Old style EEPROM -- no media selection
information.
  PCI latency timer (CFLT) is unreasonably low at 0.  Setting to 64
clocks.

Two things to note here:
- I'm not running pcibios_fixup (or whatever) yet, haven't figured out
what this is supposed to do
- in tulip.c, there's really only one addition having to do with EEPROM
detection, and I think I've messed that up.  The MACs shown are
incorrect.

We're getting to the point where most PCI devices will start to be
detected.

- Alex
--
Alex deVries