[parisc-linux] commit FP coproc enable code?

Philipp Rumpf prumpf@suse.de
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 20:56:25 +0200

> o FP enable via writing cr10 (CCR) register. Not doing this the "right"
>   way - which is to use PDC_COPROC but it will work for all PA1.1
>   platforms.

Why is not using PDC_COPROC not the right way ?  It should do exactly the same
thing, modulo machines without FPU (for which we do not provide emulation
anyway) and firmware bugs ...

> RCS file: /home/cvs/parisc/linux/arch/parisc/kernel/head.S,v
> retrieving revision 1.32
> diff -u -r1.32 head.S
> --- head.S      1999/08/31 19:25:23     1.32
> +++ head.S      1999/09/30 22:43:03

I would prefer to do this somewhere after the kernel is loaded, in C, surrounded
by a pair of printks, so we know whether it is this that hangs the machine.