[parisc-linux] hack to use HPUX boot loader

Paul Bame bame@debian.fc.hp.com
Wed, 27 Oct 1999 12:11:37 -0500

=
= Has anyone confirmed that the kernel which is started is getting good
= data (stack, etc...) or are my kernels booting purely by accident?
=

Phillip looked over some boot messages after being booted with the
hpux boot loader and blessed them, so things appear to be working well.

How about a COMMAND LINE?

If anyone wants to investigate a bit and work on head.S, it looks like
when launched from the current hpux boot loader that the args
passed to the kernel are

	int argc, char *argv[], char *envp[],

with some slightly bizzare stuff in the "environment", of possible
interest:

	env[2] - load address *of the boot loader itself*
	env[3] - size *of the boot loader itself*

argc will always be a low number >= 1.  If you had told ISL:

	ISL> hpux /boot/vmlinux a b c

then argc would supposedly be 4 and argv[2], for example, would be "b".
I suspect the argv[] should be copied to somewhere safe.

Note that this is very different from the statment in head.S:

         *      %arg3(=%r23) holds HALF(!) of the size of the BSS-Segment

			    -Paul Bame