[parisc-linux] Trying to boot on an N-Class

Grant Grundler grundler@cup.hp.com
Sat, 23 Oct 1999 22:22:11 -0700

"Justin Hamilton" wrote:
> Here's what I get when trying to boot the kernel on an N-Class:
> And this is where it sits.
>
> Is this kind of info useful to anyone?

Not to me. (yet). But I have access to N-class machines.

> Am I expecting too much at this stage in development?

Definitely. Firmware on N-class is *quite* different from the
of two flavors of PDC we have the current code talking to.
And none of the CEC (Core Electronics Complex - CPU, Mem, I/O bus
adapters) in an N-class are supported by the code in CVS today.
We are quite a ways off from implementing everything N-class needs.
The docs for that box are not (and probably won't be) published
for quite a while.

The next step in that direction is probably to write PA2.0 processor
support and support for the "ccio" bus adapter. Then try to get this
working on a C200 through C360. I know some folks are working on the
processor support but docs for "ccio" haven't been released.
(Or have they?)

thanks though,
grant

Grant Grundler