[parisc-linux] Progress - Update

Philipp Rumpf Philipp.H.Rumpf@mathe.stud.uni-erlangen.de
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 22:05:28 +0100

>I have modified real/setup.c, boot/boot_code/ipl_c.c and include/asm/bootdata.h
>so that a default command line is now set when I boot with the hpux loader.
>The default command line now prints during the boot.  However, the system
>is still not able to open an initial console.

ramdisk known to be good (which one do you use, md5sum if possible) ?
.config known to be good (attach it) ?
are you up-to-date with the cvs tree (I have no idea which caches the 735 has,
but cache flushes won't harm (well, they do harm performance)) ?

> Available Virtual mapped memory 0xc0139370 - c5000000
> Memory : 14768K available (536K kernel code, 1016K data, 64K init) [c0000000, c1000000]
> initrd : c009e000 - c00f5800
> free_area_init : c0143000 c2000000
> mem_map = c0143000
>
> The initial BSS clear and the start of free memory are correct.  However,
> the 14768K available and the upper limit for the free_area_init appear
> incorrect.

Only using 16 MB RAM is hard-coded for now.  (Not because we can't detect
more, but because we don't want to use more as that might require additional
BTLB entries.).

	Philipp Rumpf